Summer Morning Recreation
Resident youth entering first grade through eighth grade as of September ’19 are invited to spend their weekday summer mornings (9:00 – 12:00) participating in a variety of activities including: park activities, crafts, sports, field trips and swimming. Participants will meet at Ocean Township Elementary School (555 Dow Ave) each day. The Oakhurst Meeting room, West Park Recreation Center, Municipal Gymnasium and the Ocean Community Pool & Tennis Facility will also be used daily for this summer program in order to accommodate increased enrollment.
• Program Dates: Three 2-week sessions are offered:
• Session 1: July 1-July12
• Session 2: July 15-July 26
• Session 3: July 29-August 9
• Fee: $80.00/session residents; $105.00/session non-residents(payable to Township of Ocean) - $65.00/resident, $85.00/non-resident for Session 1
• Location: Ocean Township Elementary School
• Registration: Registration will be available on-line at as of Feb. 13, 2019 for residents and March 13, 2019 for non-residents.
Transportation: Available for Township of Ocean residents to and from Morning Recreation at an additional charge. Click here for details.
To facilitate your registration Click Here
to access your existing account or create your account (for new registrants.) Feel free to contact the Department of Human Services with questions.
Project Extend Summer Care
An early morning and afternoon program available to extend the participant’s morning recreation program.
Available program hours are 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. and Noon - 6:00 p.m. There is no bus transportation available with this extended day program.
Summer Project Extend Sessions Correspond to Morning Recreation Sessions.
(Youth registering for Summer Project Extend must be registered for the corresponding session of Morning Recreation.)
Click here for Program Rules and Guidelines
Click here for the Group Swimming areas in the Township Pool
Summer Morning Recreation and Summer Project Extend Job Opportunities