Records Division: 732-531-1803
* Open Public Records Act *
The Records Bureau is responsible for maintaining all police documents and evidence pertaining to: Motor Vehicle Crashes, Alarms, Investigations, Arrests, Operations, Fires, Missing Persons, and Death Reports. In addition, the Records Bureau is responsible for the following:
- Evidence storage.
- Maintaining reports in accordance with State Archival Standards.
- Releasing reports in accordance with the guidelines of the State of New Jersey, the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and Right to Know.
- Merging police reports from the computers in the police vehicles to the operating system in the police department.
- Registration of alarm systems and billing for same.
- Discovery to defense attorneys and the Municipal Prosecutor.
- Account for all monies brought in and report monthly on same.
- Processes all requests for copies of Motor Vehicle Crashes for insurance companies.
The public may obtain reports by requesting them from the Records Department from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m.
The fee schedule for copies of reports is as follows:
- $.75 per page 1 - 10 pages
- $.50 per page 11 - 20 pages
- $.25 per page 21 + up pages
Fees may be paid using cash, check or money order payable to the “Township of Ocean Police”. Most reports are available for review within three (3) working days, excluding weekends and holidays. No information regarding police reports will be dispensed by telephone.
Records Division: 732-531-1803 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alarm Information email: email@example.com
The Township of Ocean Police Department is pleased to announce that we will sell surplus police equipment, personal items, jewelry, clothing and bicycles. The auction will be conducted on the internet, for the Township Police Department by PropertyRoom.com, Inc. Interested parties may view the items and submit their bids by logging onto www.propertyroom.com . Bidding will commence (04/15/07) and will continue until the date indicated. For more information on how to participate, log onto the website indicated above.
The Township of Ocean Police department makes no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, of any nature as to the conditions of the goods.