EMPLOYMENT AS A POLICE OFFICER
The Township of Ocean Police Department is NOW accepting resumes for the position of Police Officer. The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be between 18 to 35 years of age, and a citizen of the United States.
- Possess an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university, or shall have been honorably discharged from active duty, from a branch of the United States Military Service , and possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate recognized by the Department of Education of the State of New Jersey.
- Applicant must be able to pass written and/or oral examinations and one or more oral interviews.
- Be a resident of New Jersey
- Possess a valid New Jersey Drivers License
- Preference will be given to canidates that have completed the Basic Course for Police Officers, and hold a current PTC certification, or hold Special Officer II certification that is eligible to receive a waiver from the New Jersey Police Training Commission.
- Applicants who do not have a PTC certification must have completed written and physical testing given by the Monmouth County Chiefs of Police Association.
- Finalists must undergo a background investigation, a physical and psychological examinations.
Interested candidates for the position of Police Officer,
should send resume in PDF or Word format to the Office of Chief of Police, 399 Monmouth Road,
Oakhurst, NJ 07755 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
The Township of Ocean Police Department is NOW accepting resumes for the position of SPECIAL III Police Officer. The requirements are as follows:
The Township of Ocean Police Department is now accepting resumes for the position of Class III Special Police Officer for the 2018-19 school year. The Class III Special Police Officer, under the direction of the Chief of Police, will be assigned to various schools within the Township of Ocean, where they will perform school safety and security details.
Prospective SLEO III applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a retired police officer, less than 65 years of age, who has previously served as a duly qualified, fully trained full-time police officer in any municipality or county in N.J. or as a member of the New Jersey State Police, and was separated from that prior service in good standing within three years of appointment to this position.
- Must provide a letter of good standing issued by the Chief of Police listing the date and type of retirement.
- Must be a resident of N.J. and possess a valid N.J. driver’s license by date of appointment.
- Must be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the applicant unfit to perform his or her duties.
- Must possess a NJ PTC ‘Basic Police Officer Certification’ or a New Jersey State Police Academy certification.
- Must possess a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Must be physically capable of passing firearms qualifications as mandated by the N.J. Attorney General Guidelines.
Any applicants offered a conditional offer of employment would be required to pass a medical exam, psychological evaluation, and drug screening.
See criteria established by N.J.S.A. 40A:14-146.10
Applicants must submit a resume to be considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted by email sent to SleoApplicant@oceantwp.org. Any questions can be directed to Lt. Eduardo Segarra at 732-531-1816.
The Township of Ocean Police Department currently has no vacant positions for Civilian Employees.
The Township of Ocean Police is NOW seeking qualified police dispatchers for our 9-1-1 center. Applicants MUST possess current 9-1-1 Basic Telecommunicator Certification, and Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) from a NJ OETS recognized organization. Please submit resume with qualifications to Township of Ocean Police, 399 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ, 07755, to the attention to the Office of the Chief of Police, or via email at email@example.com
Resumes for all positions can also be hand delivered to the Records Division at the Police Department, Monday thru Friday 9:00 am thru 4:30 pm or after hours at the Dispatch Center.
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
**The Township of Ocean is an equal opportunity employer**