Thank you for your interest in our Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program. Before, during, and after disasters, CERT volunteer teams perform basic response activities, including checking in on neighbors, distributing information to the public, supporting emergency operations centers, and helping to manage traffic and crowds. Local CERT programs train and organize teams of volunteers to assist their families, neighbors, co-workers, and other community members.
We will be starting our training for this group in January 2024. We will be holding an organization meeting on Tuesday, December 5 in the Township meeting room at Town Hall starting at 7:00 PM. Please take a few minutes to fill out that application below. All applicants are subject to a background check. The training will take 7 weeks to complete, and will cover the following topics:
- Introduction and Disaster Awareness
- Incident Command System (ICS), Disaster Psychology, and Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Operations
- Medical Operations Part 1 - Basic First Aid
- Medical Operations Part 2- Mass Casualty Incident Awareness
- Fire Safety
- Light Search and Rescue
- Terrorism and Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)
Once your training is complete you can join our Township team. Following the initial training members will meet once a month to maintain and advance your training.