Records Division: 732-531-1803
The Records Bureau is responsible for maintaining all police documents and evidence pertaining to: Motor Vehicle Crashes, Alarms, Investigations, Arrests, Operations, Fires, Missing Persons, and Death Reports. In addition, the Records Bureau is responsible for the following:
- Evidence storage.
- Maintaining reports in accordance with State Archival Standards.
- Releasing reports in accordance with the guidelines of the State of New Jersey, the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office, OPRA and Right to Know.
- Merging police reports from the computers in the police vehicles to the operating system in the police department.
- Registration of alarm systems and billing for same.
- Discovery to defense attorneys and the Municipal Prosecutor.
- Account for all monies brought in and report monthly on same.
- Processes all requests for copies of Motor Vehicle Crashes for insurance companies.
- Processes paperwork for Firearms applicants
The public may obtain reports by requesting them from the Records Department from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m.
The fee schedule for copies of reports is $.05 per page
Fees may be paid using cash, check or money order payable to the “Township of Ocean Police”. Most reports are available for review within three (3) to five (5) working days, excluding weekends and holidays. No information regarding police reports will be dispensed by telephone.
Alarm Information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ordinance 2199 requires if you own or operate an alarm system you must register it with the Police Dept. The initial registration and annual renewal fee are: $25.00 for Residences and $50.00 for Businesses.
False alarm Fees:
- First - Complimentary
- Second and Third - $50.00 each
- Fourth and Fifth - $100.00 each
- Sixth + - $150.00 each