Leaves may be placed in the street for collection within ten business days prior to the scheduled collection period within your zone (refer to the zone map and schedule below). Leaves are collected loose at the curb from March 1 through April 30 and from October 1 through December 15 (Zone 3).
In order to prevent leaves from entering the water system and to properly recycle the leaves, the following guidelines have been developed:
- Leaf piles must be placed at least 10 feet from any storm drain inlets.
- Leaf piles must not be wider than five feet from the curb.
- Leaves will not be picked up if mixed with brush, limbs, grass, bricks, concrete, trash or other debris.
- Bagged or containerized leaves will not be collected.
- Loose brush is not collected during leaf season and is not to be placed in the street during that time period.
- Brush may be placed in green garbage carts for collection with household garbage; containerized or bundled brush will be collected with bulk trash.
2023 Leaf Collection Schedule - Leaves may be placed at the curb no more than 10 days prior to pick up.
Feb. 26-March 3; Mar. 26-31;
Mar. 5-10; Apr. 2-7;
Mar. 19-24; Apr. 16-21;
Mar. 12-17; Apr. 9-14;
Zones / Leaf Collection
Zone 1 - North of Deal Rd and West of Whalepond Rd
Zone 2 - North of Roseld Ave and East of Whalepond Rd
Zone 3 - South of Deal Rd and West of Rt. 35
Zone 4 - South of Deal Rd and East of Rt. 35
For additional information, call the Public Works office at 732-531-5001.