Click on the link below to view the amounts due for your property and sewer taxes on our
NEW W.I.P.P. WEB INQUIRY AND PAYMENT PORTAL FOR TAX AND SEWER
Susan Healy, Tax Collector
732-531-5000, ext. 3340
Vincent Bousanti, Tax & Sewer Collection Clerk
732-531-5000, ext. 3341
Alexcia Rodriguez, Tax & Sewer Collection Clerk
732-531-5000, ext. 3342
399 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst
(corner of Deal and Monmouth Roads)
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday,
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday,
QUARTER PROPERTY TAXES AND SEWERAGE BILLS ARE DUE: FEBUARY 1, MAY 1, AUGUST 1 AND NOVEMBER 1
(Separate payments are required for each).
2022 DELINQUENCIES ARE SUBJECT TO THE TOWNSHIP OF OCEAN TAX SALE BEING HELD ON OCTOBER 12, 2023
Property tax delinquency notices under $5.00 will not be mailed to the property owner. It is the responsibility of the property owner to check on the status of their property tax account.
Click here for information about the Tax Collection System
Click here for the NJ Taxpayer Bill of Rights
Frequently Asked Questions
I receive a senior citizen deduction on my property, is there anything I need to do to maintain this deduction?
On or before March 1 st , taxpayers who receive certain tax deductions must file an annual post-tax year statement certifying their income for the prior year.
The interest rate is 8% for balances of less than $1,500 and 18% for balances in excess of $1,500. This will be charged back to the original date.
- Tax payments may be paid by mail or in person.
- When paying by mail, please send a check with the appropriate payment stub. The cancelled check will be the receipt.
- If paying in person, please bring your check and the entire bill and you will be given a receipt in the office.
- If paying in person - after hours - there is a lock box next to the front door of Town Hall. Place the following in the lock box:
- Check with the payment stub or entire tax bill
- Self-addressed stamped envelope, if you need a receipt mailed back to you.
- Do NOT put cash in the lock box.
Tax bills are mailed once a year, during July. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the owner from paying property taxes.
You should only receive the "advice copy" of your bill if your mortgage company pays your taxes. If you receive an original copy of the tax bill you should copy it for your records and mail the original to your mortgage company.
- Payable to the Township of Ocean
- Place block and lot numbers on the lower left corner of the check, better known as the "memo section".
- Date the check with the same date you are writing the check. No post-dated checks will be accepted .
A lien will be sold against the property if there are any unpaid taxes owed from the previous year, this includes any sewer charges or any other municipal charges.
The person who purchased the lien will receive a legal document referred to as a "tax certificate" which must be recorded with the Monmouth County Hall of Records. The certificate must be held for 2 years from the date of sale. After 2 years they may start to foreclose on the property. The homeowner has the right to redeem the tax sale certificate any time prior to the final judgment being filed.
It is in the best interest of your mortgage holder, the new buyer and you that you have your current tax bill on hand at closing. Whether this is a refinance or sale, the new owner or your mortgage company will need to know the next quarterly amount of tax due.
Usually people who are looking to invest money. The interest rate starts at 18%. However, if there is more than one person interested in the same parcel, they will start bidding down the interest rate. Once the bidders bid down to 0%, it will go into a premium starting at multiples of $100.
Payment is due on a quarterly basis. There is a 10 day grace period from each of the due dates after which interest is charged. The due dates are as follows:
TAX QUARTER / PAYMENT DUE DATE
1 st / February 1 st
2 nd / May 1 st
3 rd / August 1 st
4 th / November 1 st