The Township of Ocean Planning Board functions are a part of the Department of Community Development.
Ronald J. Kirk, CPM, Director of Community Development and Planning Administrator, serves as the Administrative Officer for the Planning Board and is responsible for the day-to-day operations..
Claire Vilanova is the Secretary to the Planning Board and serves as Recording Secretary.
The Township of Ocean Planning Board members are appointed in accordance with local ordinances. These members are:
- Chairman Joseph DiBenedetto (term exp. 6/30/24)
- Councilman David Fisher (term exp. 6/30/2023)
- John Duthie (term exp. 6/30/24)
- Estelle Klose (term exp. 6/30/25)
- Jeffrey Weinstein (term exp. 6/30/25)
- Edward DiFiglia (term exp. 6/30/25)
- Jemal Beale (term exp. 6/30/25)
- Jack Ades (term exp. 6/30/25)
- David Bodnovich, Alternate I, (term exp. 6/30/24)
- Chris Caramanica, Alternate II (term exp. 6/30/24)
The Planning Board generally hears applications for subdivisions of property and site plans for commercial properties. The Planning Board generally meets on the fourth Monday of each month. The adopted schedules through June 2024 are:
The public portion of the meetings begins at 7:30 p.m. The floor will be open to the public for comment relative to each application after the applicant has presented all their evidence. While there is no set time limit, comments should be kept concise.
Agendas are posted on the website within the week prior to the meeting date.
You may contact the Planning Board through their Administrator:
Ronald J. Kirk, CPM